Do Adult Indigos exist? YES!!! They did not just start coming at rates of
90% of the incoming population in 1992. I believe there have always been
some Indigos, the amount of which has only increased through the last 50
years or so. My guess on percentages is that Indigos make up approximately
15-25% of 20-30 year olds, 10-15% of 30-40 yr olds, 5-10% of 40-50 yr olds
and 0-5% prior to that. That's MY opinion, not a fact. Some of us are here
to pave the way for today's mass influx of Indigo energy, to break down
some barriers and to be advocates and support systems for these children.
Yes, You can be an adult Indigo. They did not JUST start coming in now, the
numbers have just been increasing more and more til there are so many we
finally can not igore them. Yeay!!! Are you an adult Indigo?
I believe Adult Indigos have these characteristics:
* Are intelligent (tho did not necessarily have top grades).
* Are very creative and enjoy making things.
* Always need to know WHY (especially why they are being asked to do
* Had disgust and perhaps loathing for the inanity of much of the
required work in school, the repetition.
* Were rebellious in school, refusing to do homework, rejecting
authority of teachers OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn't DARE,
usually due to parental pressure.
* May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of
helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal
feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the
* Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs - resistance to authority
and caste system of employment.
* Prefer cooperative efforts or leadership position or solo if
expertise is valued.
* Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
* Extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat
(no shielding) - to no expression of emotion (full shielding).
* May have trouble with RAGE.
* Have trouble with most systems (either emotionally, mentally, or
physically)- political, educational, medical, law.
* Alienation from politics - feeling your voice won't count and that
the outcome really doesn't matter anyway.
* Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream - 9-5
career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
* Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at "Big Brother
* They feel a need like a burning desire to do something to change and
improve the world. May be stymied what to do.
* Have psychic or spiritual interest fairly young - in or before teen
* Had few if any Indigo role models.
* Have strong intuition.
* Random behavior pattern or mind style - (symptoms of Attention
Deficit Disorder), may have trouble focusing on a task unless of OWN
choosing, may jump around in conversations.
* Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or
ghosts, hearing voices.
* Sexually expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom.
May explore alternate types of sexuality.
* Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek
this through religion, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups or
books, or individually.
* If they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy
These are my opinion based on the discussions with other Indigo adults and
my extrapolation from child indicators projected back a generation.
~by Wendy H. Chapman